Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
In the meantime...here are some fun "Did You Know" fast facts about food:
* If you have leftover whipped cream, dollop it onto a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap and freeze. Once frozen put the dollops into a big resealable plastic bag and you'll have a quick topper for Hot Cocoa or maybe an Apple Crisp
* You can mellow out the flavor of fresh garlic cloves by peeling and simmering in a small saucepan...just for about 3-5 minutes. I store any garlic I've prepared like this in a small container drizzled with a little bit of olive oil. Don't leave it on the counter...just pop it in the refrigerator. It holds this way for about 2 weeks.
* Glass containers conduct more heat so if you can remember to reduce your oven temperature by 25 degrees it'll offset that especially when your making baked goods like cookies or cakes. Most recipes don't account for the difference between glass and metal pans
* Half the peanuts grown in the United States are used to make peanut butter
* Word has it that storing plastic wrap in the freezer will stop it from sticking to itself...however I never have enough room in my freezer to test this out!
* You'll get more volume out of egg whites if you beat them at room temperature...however heavy cream should always be as cold as possible before beating
Okay...there's half a dozen for you. Have a great weekend and on Monday, I'll be making a recipe for Shrimp Cocktail Soup on ABC4's Good Things Utah. It's from Renee...one of my Facebook Friends!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Would love to see you there - we'll have fun and laugh at ourselves I promise. My times are:
Friday - 2p/6p
Saturday - 11a/4p
Sunday - 2p/4p
I have a pretty extensive handout for everyone that attends that includes all kinds of info and even a couple of recipes.
Hope to meet you over the weekend!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year!
Before I put away my Christmas Tree and ornaments, I wanted to share this very special gift. Suzi is a Good Things Utah viewer and took the time to custom-make a little ornament for each of us GTU girls.
I absolutely love this...the apron, the whisk, the STICK OF BUTTER! Thank you so much Suzi and it's going into my special ornament box so that I can enjoy it year after year. If any of you are looking for a special gift I bet Suzi could fix you up. Her email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's to a wonderful 2009...and no matter what life throws at you, always remember you come equipped with all the tools you need to make the right choices at the right time. My New Year's Resolution is simply to be accepting of every moment, every day, in every way. Believe me, the older you get the more you'll realize how important living in allowance is....you just can't control everything no matter how hard you try, right?
Enjoy your New Year's Day!