Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How many people does it take.......

How many people does it take to have a great time with their food? Well, if you were at the Macey's in Sandy, Utah last night...almost 40! I had the pleasure of conducting a cooking class in their Little Theatre Kitchen featuring recipes from my Stick of Butter Cookbook. We made Apricot Streusel Bars and Jolly Jelly Filled Biscuits...so it was a sugar-rush all the way around.
The best part, besides the cooking comradery, is when things don't quite go as planned. I use a pastry bag to "inject" the jelly into the biscuits and I had selected a tip that was way too big...so....can you say "free-flowing raspberry jelly"? What a mess! I felt like I was in an "I Love Lucy" episode (and if you don't know what that is...think goofy, slapstick comedy with a happy ending).
Thanks to everyone who came along for the ride...especially Susan, who is Macey's most dedicated, fabulous, sweetest, hard-working, incredibly multi-tasking, not-so-secret weapon.
She took today off and I hope she's letting somebody else pamper her!
Where can you pick up my Stick of Butter Cookbook? At Barnes and Noble, Seagull Books, and other fine bookstores...online at http://www.amazon.com/. It's full of retro recipes with at least a stick of butter in each one!
Tonight? My husbands grilling hamburgers to take advantage of our sunny weather....and I can't wait! Isn't it true that the best burgers come out of your own kitchen? Here's a quick tip: if you buy extra lean ground beef, mix yourself up some chopped garlic and butter and harden it up in the fridge - cut it into small pieces and mix it into your beef just before throwing it on the grill. You'll have the juiciest, best tasting burger on the planet - after all, isn't everything better with butter?

No comments: