Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Leftovers!

I'd like to say that my weekend was full of daring, living-on-the-edge kind of stuff. I didn't cliff dive or rock climb...however I did eliminate about 6 gazillion e-mails from my home address, angel@cookingwithangel.com, to make room for more. That in itself was a mind-boggling feat since some of those messages were from 2005! I saved recipes & email addresses, forwarded funny presentations to myself at work and generally cleaned house of about 2,000 messages that were just taking up space. You'd think I'd be able to do that with the rest of my house!

For Sunday Supper I whipped up a Sausage and Steak dish served over buttered noodles...which I then made this morning on ABC4's Good Things Utah. Yummy! My favorite weekend treat? I chopped up leftover tri-tip and roast beef, mixed them up with pizza toppings like pepperoni, onions, lots of cheese and mushrooms...heated it up and served it over a nice crisp green salad topped with Jalapeno Ranch dressing. What a great way to use leftovers...and now I guess I'll just have to make more.

Did you know that paprika is actually dried pimiento peppers ground up? That in the Middle Ages, students were encouraged to wrap rosemary sprigs around their hair to stimulate their brains? Oh wait! Here's a good one! You can make your own sweetened condensed milk by putting 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk into a blender along with 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup boiling water and 3 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter. Process until smooth and creamy and you'll have enough for 1 (14 oz.) can! I bet that'll come in handy for the holidays.

Hope your having a happy Monday...and if you'd like to see how to make that sausage and steak over buttered noodles dish, just visit http://www.abc4.com/ , click on Good Things Utah and watch today's recipe....you'll also see my new puppy too!

Keep on Cookin'!
Angel

No comments: